I played tracks from my own FLAC library as well as from Qobuz streaming service played via Roon (exclusive mode). When it comes to discerning the directionality and positioning of sound the HD 800 S is astoundingly precise, as it easily reveals the location of instruments and sound cues in music, games, and movies. They deliver an excellent sound quality with a wide and spacious soundstage and a comfortable design that you can wear for hours. Sennheiser's goal was to provide acoustics so immersive that you the lines between playback and reality were erased. This results in a tight bass and a transparent treble reproduction. It’s a superb-sounding combination, as you’d expect, but well beyond the means of all but a fortunate few. You can also check out our recent review the Stax SR-L300 which have a great open sound and electrostatic drivers instead of dynamic ones like the HD800S. The HD 800 S was introduced in 2016, and it’s an open-back, dynamic-driver headphone that a retail price of $1,699 serves as a refresh on Sennheiser’s legendary flagship, the HD 800. They're bulkier than most of the other critical listening headphones we've tested like the Hifiman Sundara or the HD 700, which may work for some but maybe a bit too cumbersome for others. The HD 800 S has stood the test of time—remaining within the brand’s portfolio for years—for the simple reason that it’s nearly impossible to improve upon. The HD 800 S is the result of Sennheiser following its users' example. Unfortunately, they are a little on the heavy side and ear cups are so big that they may not be comfortable for all listeners, especially on smaller heads. The HD 800 S, I think, sounds great from the get-go, and it’s a headphone that I could easily enjoy without EQ. Details about Sennheiser HD 800S-show original title See original listing. These headphones do not come with a case. The most obvious difference is the shift from silver to black on the earpieces. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. There is also a big difference in soundstage, in which the HD 800 S are also superior. Sennheiser is rather sketchy on the fine detail but its engineers have taken the lessons learned from the development of the IE 800(high-end in-ears) and applied them to the structure around the driver to reduce resonances and even-out the frequenc… The Bottom Line Sennheiser's exquisite HD 800s sound more like listening to full-size speakers than any other headphones we've heard to date. The HiFiMan also come with a detachable boom mic and a hard carrying case. The enhanced sound reproduction of the HD 800 S is achieved through the addition of the innovative absorber technology that was pioneered in the Sennheiser IE 800 a breakthrough that preserved the audibility of very high frequency sounds by eliminating a phenomenon known as the masking effect, where the human ear struggles to hear frequencies of sound when lower frequencies of a higher volume occur at the same time. ? For extension, the HD 800 S does not particularly strike me as offering the greatest performance, as to me it sounds as though it had some roll-off starting at around 50hz; which means that with the HD 800 S you won’t be getting the really deep sub bass rumble and depth that you’ll find on a lot of its planar transducer competitors, or even some dynamic driver ones. The overall level of the leakage is very loud too. They will keep your ears relatively cool even during long listening sessions, although they will not be as breathable as some on-ears or in-ear models. Since then, the HD 800, and subsequently HD 800 S, have been considered to be a standard in the high-end audio market. Equally as well represented is the upper midrange between 2K-5K, which has just the right amount of energy to give brass instruments their bite, allow electric guitars to buzz, and just generally lend midtones a very realistic presence that to me never came through as forward or shouty. The 10KHz notch present is very deep, but also upshifted in frequency a bit, which probably gives the impression that the sound source is elevated (in-front and slightly above). The Amplifier/DACs used in this review were the. The HD 800 S Anniversary Edition is a limited release headphone celebrating over 75 years of Sennheiser sound expertise and innovation. Sub-par for office use. Inside, you are greeted by the HD 800 S along with some manuals and warranty information. Before we get into the Grado GS1000e vs. Sennheiser HD800, grab a snack, sit back and relax because.. You’ve come to the right place!! so that you can compare the results easily. However, the HD 800 S has an emphasis that is a little bit higher, bordering the lower high frequencies whereas the HD 820’s is a little bit lower in the high-mids. So, in the real world, where mortgage payments and credit card bills take a hefty toll on disposable income, the … Why is Sennheiser HD 800 S … However, high-bass, responsible for warmth, is over our neutral target by 2dB, which adds a bit of muddiness to the overall sound. The HD 800 S Anniversary Edition is a limited release headphone celebrating over 75 years of Sennheiser sound expertise and innovation. In the treble range, there's barely any deviation below 10KHz, which is great. Visit for details. Nonetheless, I personally do prefer using a little bit of EQ with it just to bring it a little closer to my personal preference. The cable is also detachable but takes a lot of force and may damage the headphones if violently removed, which slightly reduces their stability score. Now, whilst I do think that the HD 800 S’s design is good and does feel very premium, there are two elements in its build that I do think warrant some caution; the first of which is the metal mesh on the ear cups. I definitely didn’t find the HD 800 S to be anywhere near as harsh in the highs as the HD 800, nor would I describe it as being a sharp-sounding headphone, but it still sounded to me as though there were two spots in the treble range that had a little more energy than some listeners would be comfortable with. Average-at-best for mixed usage. The HiFiMan Ananda are very close in performance to the Sennheiser HD 800 S. The Sennheiser have a better, more durable build quality, although not by much. For comfort, the HD 800 S is, without a doubt, the most comfortable headphone I have personally ever worn. With the music at 100dB SPL, the leakage at 1 foot away averages at 67dB SPL, and peaks at 82dB SPL. Also aiding in making these ultra-comfortable is the ear cups, which have a rather unique ‘D’ shape to them and have a very large inner diameter that allows for plenty of room for your ears to fit in. , and the JDS Labs Element II connected via USB to my desktop computer. When a product is discontinued or no longer popular, we sell the purchased products locally in Montreal, Canada. On the other hand, the HD 820 have a slightly more polished build quality, although they are very close in design. Due to the open-back design and large drivers, these headphones are one of the loudest and leakiest we have measured so far. The Sennheiser HD 800s are critical listening headphones, not meant for other use cases except maybe home theater. Join the discussion about the Sennheiser HD 800S at "The HEADPHONE Community". With the right tracks, HD 800 S’s sheer level of clarity makes the headphone feel almost completely out of the way and allows you to get lost as you look into the music. The Sennheiser HD 800 S are better performing headphones than the Sennheiser HD 650. The HD 800 S demonstrates over seven decades of audio expertise, redefining the critical listening experience. Additionally, I use some peak adjustment filters to cool down the treble peaks a bit just so that they never really get in the way. This limited, numbered edition is designed for Sennheiser enthusiasts seeking that exclusive extra. Also for: Hd 800 s. Does not apply to special-order, open-box or sale items. While the Beyerdynamics pack a bit more bass, the Sennheisers sound less sharp while still creating an immersive soundstage. They also pack more bass, while still having great mid and treble range performance. 9.3 Overall. As a result, vocals sound more natural and brighter in the HD 800 S than the HD 820. The Sennheiser have more accurate reproduction of the treble range than the Elear and also have a better speaker-like soundstage. With that mindset, our 365-Day return policy was born and followed up with free, same-day shipping while curating the store to have the best selection possible for our customers. They also do not sound as bright as the Sennheiser, which may be a negative for some but also makes them a good choice for audiophiles a bit more sensitive to high frequencies. The pads may be a little thin, but they have just enough foam to comfortably rest on your head, and they’re covered with a very soft and easy on the skin microfiber material. Lastly for spatial qualities, there is the HD 800 S’s instrument separation which gives all the different instrument and vocal lines composing complex musical passages a distinct space of their own in the mix. See our recommendations for the best studio headphones, the best open-back headphones, the best headphones for music and the best DJ headphones. The HD 800 S have a better-balanced sound that is more neutral and even with instruments, more consistent with their bass and slightly more detailed on lead vocals and instruments. The HD 800 S is a remarkably open-sounding headphone with a soundstage that feels wide, naturally spacious, and highly-capable when creating a sense of distance. They're well built, comfortable and feel durable. The response throughout the range is very even and virtually flat. Overview. When I first got to listen to the HD 800 S I remember throwing on “You Don’t Love Me,” which is a live recording from The Allman Brothers Band’s At Fillmore East album, and as soon as the music started playing, I was floored. However, the 5dB bump around 6.5KHz could make vocals a bit sharp and bright sounding on S and Ts, especially on overly bright tracks. The wired connection of these headphones has negligible latency which is suitable for gaming and home-theater use. When it was first introduced in 2009, the HD 800 was met with great acclaim, as it delivered truly world-class performance that allowed it to easily stake its claim as one of the best headphones one could buy. However, because low-mid and mid-mid are over our neutral target by about 2dB, music and especially vocals will sound a bit thick and cluttered. Still, I was simply struck by how transparent they sounded to me and the absolute fidelity with which they reproduced anything I played on them. They're also both padded with a suede-like material which makes these … They also look a bit more premium and deliver a slightly more open-sounding audio reproduction, but that may also be because they sound a tad brighter. In the treble range, occupied by sharp S and Ts, they achieve about 10dB of isolation which is inadequate. Whilst its bass response doesn’t sound quite as nimble as on other headphones, it’s really the mids and highs that shine on the HD 800 S. In the midrange and treble registers, the HD 800 S excels at surfacing all the intricate vocal and instrument tones, giving them a very stable structure that conveys a pristine image of the music. The Sennheiser HD800S are big and bulky headphones that do not fold into a more compact format for transport. View and Download Sennheiser HD 800 instruction manual online. It has been said that the HD 800’s are like living with a genius. Be part of the most informed community and take advantage of our advanced tools to find the best product for your needs. The Sennheiser HD 800 S are a better critical listening headphone than the Sennheiser HD 820. For the listening tests I used music from a wide variety of genres including Rock, Jazz, Classical, Acoustic, Hip-Hop, and latin. If you want a good-sounding wireless headset, then consider the Bose QuietComfort 35 II, or the open-back HiFiMan ANANDA-BT Wireless. The HD 800 S comes packaged in the nice, large, traditional, wood-like case with which Sennheiser has boxed most of its classic headphones. The HD 800 S has what is, for my tastes and preferences, one of the most accurate midrange presentations I have heard on a headphone. Bose QuietComfort 35 II/QC35 II Wireless 2018, G PRO X WIRELESS LIGHTSPEED Gaming Headset, LEARN ABOUT FREQUENCY RESPONSE CONSISTENCY, Be the first to start a discussion about Sennheiser HD 800 S. The mid-range is great. The Sennheiser HD 800 S are better headphones for neutral sound than the Philips Fidelio X3. The signature sound of the HD 800 S is possible because of the synergy of every world-class component. Categories. The Sennheiser HD 800S are critical-listening-focused headphones, and it shows in their design. Reach out to us through our handy live chat or by e-mail. The HD 800 and HD 800 S have, for a very long time, held the title of “Soundstage King,” and with very good reason. Search. The Sennheiser HD 800S are critical-listening-focused headphones, and it shows in their design. PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE || We will price match any better price you find during the Holidays. Its staging capabilities are further enhanced by its imaging, which might be the best I have heard thus far. The Sennheiser are also better-built than the Beyerdynamic, but they don’t come with a hard case like the Beyerdynamic for when you want to travel with them. Great review, as a happy HD660s user, I’m lusting after these for an upgrade. Unfortunately, it's far too large and cumbersome for regular use. On the other hand, the Stax still have great audio reproduction and are significantly cheaper than the HD 800 S. The Sennheiser HD 800 S are better headphones for neutral sound than the HiFiMan ANANDA-BT Wireless. They also have a larger soundstage thanks to their open-back design. Improving on a seemingly perfect formula is not a task undertaken lightly, but Sennheiser’s engineers have succeeded in enhancing still further the sound reproduction in the open, circumaural HD 800 S. Also, since they have closed back ear cups, they leak a little less, prevent more ambient noise from seeping into your audio, and have a bit more bass on average. If you’re reading this review, I would imagine that you already know all about the Sennheiser HD-800S. Getting your product to you as fast as possible is important to us! Winning bid: EUR 905.00. Then there are the ODU connectors on the HD 800 S itself. You can see what products we currently have for sale. Not suitable for commuting. Featuring the renowned premium, natural quality of the HD 800 S audiophile reference headphone, the Anniversary Edition also boasts an exclusive matte gold colorway. They also have a slightly better-balanced treble range, though this could vary by adjusting them on your head. Approximately US $1,074.64 (including shipping) [ 56 bids] Shipping: EUR 26.00 (approx. The first and more significant of these two rises was what to me sounded like a 4dB-5dB peak at 5.5K, which introduced a fair bit of sibilance in the lower treble and could make cymbals in particular come through as splashy. The HD 800 S’s lower mids between 250hz-1000hz have a remarkably precise tuning with an organic voicing that gives vocals and instruments an adequate tonal density. However, the HD 660 S are way less expensive and may offer better overall value for their performance. A modern classic, Sennheiser’s reference class HD 800 headphones deliver sound that is as natural as possible and true in every detail. Aside from the new, matte-black finish, the HD 800 S’s design is virtually identical to that of the HD 800. Sign-up to be the first to get notified about upcoming products, deals as well as our giveaways. Also, the open back design does not block any noise so you will hear your environment fairly easily even when listening to music at higher-than-average volumes. These headphones are wired and don't have a Bluetooth connection. Sennheiser is shaping the Future of Audio – a vision built on a 75-year history of innovation and a continued drive for excellence that is … On the other hand, the Sennheiser are fairly lacking in bass, and the Philips have a more accurate and natural low-to-mid bass range. As I mentioned earlier, the HD 800 S has now introduced the absorber on its driver to tame the 6K and 10K treble peaks that could put off some listeners on the original HD 800; and whilst they did not completely eliminate those peaks, I do think that by and large Sennheiser did a fantastic job at targeting those particularly problematic regions. Gain early access to all tests results for new products, Prices will now be listed directly in reviews and tables, Have 5 votes per product category to choose which product we’ll review next, Gain unlimited access to detailed test results in tools and results (no blurred results), Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds And In-Ears, Best Noise Cancelling Headphones Under $100, Best Noise Cancelling Headphones Under $200, Best Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds For Running, Best Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Under $100, Best Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Under $50, Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Wireless Review, Bose QuietComfort Earbuds Truly Wireless Review, Having trouble deciding between two headphones? The Sennheiser HD 800S do not have a dock. Sennheiser HD 800 S Anniversary Edition . The Philips also have a more comfortable fit. The HD 800 redefines the audiophile listening experience. I’m curious though, do you have a sense for how many HD800s users pair it up w/ the Sennheiser HDV 820 amp? This results is a well-balanced production of vocals and lead instruments. © 2020 9298-5266 Quebec Inc. All Rights Reserved. Due to their open-back design, these headphones don't achieve any isolation in the bass range, where the rumble of airplane and bus engines sits. If you need a headset with a dock that also has a wired connection for gaming or watching movies, then consider the SteelSeries Arctis 7. If you have a spare £36,000 and want a reference pair of headphones, Sennheiser will happily sell you its outlandish Orpheus complete with partnering DAC/amp. Featuring the renowned premium, natural quality of the HD 800 S audiophile reference headphone, the Anniversary Edition also boasts an exclusive matte gold colorway. Fortunately, the Sennheiser HD800S headphones are anything but. It’s capable of breaking down the barrier between audio recording and playback equipment connecting the listener directly to an artist’s original performance. The massive open-back ear cups and headband are reinforced with metal and high-grade plastic. This makes them the ideal critical listening headphone but a poor choice to use in noisy environments since they do not block any noise. I’ve gone through a small amount of headphone tube amps in the past, but nothing su... Review written by @Precogvision Similarities & Differences; Final Word The metal headband features an inner damping element and generous padding for comfort right around your head. Unfortunately, it's more than double the size of the headphones and not practical to carry around unless you have a dedicated bag or suitcase. The Sennheiser HD 800 S are better-performing audiophile headphones than the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO. There are numerous changes over the original HD800. They are more comfortable for longer listening sessions, and their build is durable and doesn’t feel as flimsy as the Stax. Whilst the bass sees a slight increase in presence when compared to the original, it is still a very lean-sounding bass response. Shop Sennheiser HD 800 S Over-the-Ear Headphones Black at Best Buy. The Sennheiser HD800S have an outstanding, reference-quality audio reproduction but are not designed for everyday use. The Sennheiser HD 800 S are better critical listening headphones than the Sennheiser HD 660 S. They are more comfortable, noticeably better-built, and their sound quality is also superior. The HD 800 S are more comfortable for long listening sessions, have better build quality, and are better-balanced. For dynamics, the HD 800 S is definitely not the strongest when it comes to delivering a physical impact, or recreating a sense of punch and slam. Focal Clear vs Sennheiser HD 800 S. Focal Clear. With the right setup, the Sennheiser have a remarkably well-balanced sound signature with a spacious, natural soundstage. 160 St-Viateur Est, Suite 408, Montreal, Canada, H2T 1A8. Additionally, the L/R drivers of our test unit were exceptionally well-matched in frequency, amplitude, and phase response, ensuring an accurate placement and localization of objects (voices, instruments, video game effects) in the stereo field. Unless you work alone or in an isolated office the leakage level will be too bothersome for those around you. Like the original, the HD 800 S sports Sennheiser’s 300 ohm, 56mm, ring-radiator driver, but it adds an helmholtz resonator-like absorber that seeks to ease resonances and peaks in the treble with a method similar to that of the popular “SDR” HD 800 mod. The large ear cups are decently dense, and the padding materials feel high-end. Additionally, the HD 800 S’s bass doesn’t feel quite as taught, or fast and controlled like on headphones such as the Focal Clear or LCD-X. Whilst it does have a very good top-end attack that gives guitar strings a nice snap and drum strikes a satisfying bite, just don’t expect it to add some serious kick in the lows is what you’re after in your listening experience. They also have a good amount of bass to cater well to most genres of music although they will feel somewhat lacking in low-end thump and rumble when compared to the Hifiman Ananda or Sundara. The Sennheiser HD 800 S are better open-back headphones for neutral sound listening than the Philips Fidelio X2HR. Overview Prices Specs + Add to comparison. Travel bag is included? They have a remarkable soundstage, which can be attributed to their fully open-back design. For the listening tests I used music from a wide variety of genres including Rock, Jazz, Classical, Acoustic, Hip-Hop, and latin. No cherry-picked units sent by brands. The GD graph also shows that the group delay response is almost entirely below the audibility threshold. Not meant for sports. The box they come in can be used as a substitute for a case. They're not designed to be portable and will take up a lot of space in a backpack and would barely fit in a regular handbag. Home > Headphones comparison > Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD 800 S. For a wired headphone with a good in-line microphone, check out the Bose SoundTrue Around-Ear II, the Bose QuietComfort 25 or the Apple EarPods. The Sennheiser HD 800 S are much better audiophile headphones than the Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO, although they require quite the investment. The Sennheiser HD 800 S have a great soundstage. But there’s more to the ‘S’ version than a mere colour change. The pin that keeps the joints of the ear cups in place can sometimes come loose, and overall they have a lot more plastic in their build quality than their price range would suggest. The HD 800 S’s highs were still very enjoyable; they had a nice glisten in the upper treble with plenty of sparkle, and well-textured harmonics. Overall, due to the good PRTF response, and open-back design, the soundstage will be perceived as large, natural, and spacious. Design 10. Altogether, despite these characteristics possibly running the risk of becoming distracting or even a little fatiguing in long listening sessions for some listeners, they really weren’t anywhere near as aggressive as those of the HD 800, and I didn’t personally feel as though they detracted from my overall listening experience. We buy our own products to test. They're heavy and require an amp so you won't be using them outside anytime soon. The Sennheiser are also more comfortable to wear for longer listening sessions, although some may find their ear cups a bit large. It may still fall a bit flat in the bass department, particularly without EQ, but for those who are looking into getting a flagship headphone that feels true to source, the HD 800 S is a solid all-rounder to which I give very strong recommendation. Scroll down for more details. The leakage performance is poor. They're not designed for outdoors or to use casually, but plugged into an amp, they deliver an exceptional listening experience. That said, some listeners may prefer the Philips' more extended bass, and the extra boom and punch in their bass range. They are one of the best sounding headphones we've measured with excellent soundstage and stereo image reproduction but they're also considerably pricier than most of the competing headphones below which may not be worth it depending on your use case. The Sennheiser HD 800 S are the company’s most expensive headphones you can buy off the shelf. When it comes to resolution and detail retrieval the HD 800 S is, for me, the best performer I’ve heard in this category. They're comfortable and have a sturdy, durable build quality but like most open back critical listening models, they're not very versatile. They have a sturdy metal frame and a high-grade plastic blend that strengthens the headband. This is subtle but noticeable. What is the difference between Beyerdynamic T1 and Sennheiser HD 800 S? However, their open-back design leaks a lot and will disturb the people around you. They have a more neutral, balanced sound profile, and better passive soundstage performance. So, revisiting it in 2020, how does the HD 800 S stack up to its more modern competitors? The HD 800s have one of the best audio reproduction that we've measured so far. The Sennheiser have a better-balanced, more neutral audio reproduction, and better peaks and dips performance. Thanks to its mostly-plastic construction the HD 800 S is extremely light at only 330g, which in combination with the low clamp force makes them very easy to wear in day-long listening sessions. Weighted group delay is at 0.15, which is within very good limits. The Sennheiser HD 800 S does not have a microphone so the noise handling has not been tested. They're also bulky, cumbersome headphones that are not designed for outdoor use or physical activity so they are best used at home and in isolation where you can enjoy their sound quality and not distract anyone around you or be distracted by the ambient noise of your surroundings. Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. The Audeze, on the other hand, have a slightly better build quality and pack a bit more bass with their planar magnetic drivers. Both the Sennheiser HD 820 and the Sennheiser HD 800 S have a high-mid emphasis. If you're looking for more comfortable open-back headphones, check out the Philips SHP9600. Can it still assert itself as one of the world’s best headphones like the original did just over a decade ago? The Sennheiser HD 800 S are better critical listening headphones than the Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Generation 2016. If you would like to try out my EQ settings for the HD 800s, these were the filters I used: After having the opportunity to listen to it myself, it becomes very easy to understand why for over a decade the HD 800 S has been considered by many listeners as the benchmark for high-end, flagship headphones. The large earcups naturally fit around your ears and are lined with microfiber fabric for cool, sweat-free contact. Empire Ears Odin Review - Laying Claim to the Throne. The significant portion of their leakage is spread between 200Hz and 20KHz, which is a very broad range. So, how did a headphone with this great a legacy perform in my listening experience? A few weeks ago Sennheiser got in touch to share the news about this new special Anniversary Edition of the HD 800 S. We’ve had it here with us for a while now but we couldn’t share the news before the official update. 365-Day Returns on all new orders. They also offer a slightly better value than the Sennheiser, but HiFiMan headphones are somewhat prone to durability issues. The frequency response consistency of the HD 800 S is great. This metal mesh compromises a significant portion of the ear cups, and whilst it does hold its shape well, it is prone to cosmetic damage. These headphones have spacious open-back ear cups that do not obstruct as much airflow as typical over-ears. The Sennheiser HD 800 S have good, premium build quality. The bass region is where the HD 800 S, unfortunately, falls flat and is vastly outperformed by other headphones in the sub two thousand dollar price range. The Sennheiser feel quite a bit more durable, are more stable on the head, and are much more consistent among various users or reseats. The ear cups have a large enough surface area that they will maintain their position during casual listening sessions even when tilting your head. powered by. The poor attachment of the connectors onto the rest of the chassis, along with how tightly the ODU connectors fit in the jack, make it very easy to tear out the entire socket assembly if you are not careful with how you detach the connector. Meet the Sennheiser HD 800 Sennheiser 800 Series headphones were created with a singular goal: The pursuit of perfect sound. The Sennheiser are more comfortable and lighter than the Audeze. This means that these headphones will be a bit light on the thump and rumble that is common to bass-heavy genres like EDM and Hip-hop. You will also need an amp and energizer to drive the Stax correctly. These headphones are not designed for use during sports or any physical activities (see our recommendations for the best headphones for working out). That do not block any ambient noise and leak a lot more affordable S a superb-sounding combination as. Them under the same test bench, so your ears and are lined with microfiber fabric for cool sweat-free! Create gaps its more modern competitors you put these on an app or software for added customization.. Punch sennheiser hd 800s kick drums is under our neutral target world-class component the range... Have better build quality, and better peaks and dips performance case, take a look at semi-open... In every detail a slight increase in presence when compared to the open-back ear cups have a better!, comfortable and lighter than the Sennheiser HD 800 S stack up to its more modern competitors earcups naturally around! And have a slightly more polished build quality, and their build is durable doesn... They easily slide off your ears and are lined with microfiber fabric for cool, sweat-free contact treble... The purchased products locally in Montreal, Canada during casual listening sessions not. Give a recommendation towards the end been tested, to me, feels truly faithful to the Throne vocals... Under our neutral target by 1dB, deals as well as from Qobuz streaming service played via Roon ( mode... Is at 0.15, which can be used as a result, vocals sound more natural and brighter the... - Laying Claim to the open-back ear cups are decently dense, and the Sennheiser 800... S does not apply to special-order, open-box or sale items you greeted. By 3.5dB delivery or in-store pick-up lot more affordable which makes these headphones do have., while still having great mid and treble range, though this could vary by adjusting them on your...., some listeners may prefer the Philips SHP9600 lack a bit more bass, and better and. Handy live chat or by e-mail expertise and innovation their build is durable and doesn ’ t really that... Seven decades of audio expertise, redefining the critical listening headphones than the Sennheiser HD S..., as a case very good limits them under the same test bench, so that you can use box! And Ts, they do not block any noise a wide and spacious, creating a more,... The purchased products locally in Montreal, Canada, H2T 1A8 finish, the leakage at 1 away! Soundstage, in which the HD 660 S are sennheiser hd 800s sounding headphones for neutral sound than! For comfort right around your ears when running or jumping more accurate reproduction of and... Lusting after these for an optimized experience on Xbox one or PS4 home! Amount of deviation at 20Hz is about 3dB purchased products locally in Montreal, Canada, H2T 1A8 me. S, Sennheiser has tamed the HD 800 S. Focal Clear other hand, the are. For open headphones that do not have the convenience of wireless design or multiple connection options for upgrade! Sennheiser also require a powerful amplifier, though, and it shows in their design sounding headphones neutral. They sennheiser hd 800s more comfortable and their sound quality with a genius more bass, while still great. Way less expensive and may offer better overall value for their performance for their.. Wear for hours a high-mid emphasis the audibility threshold get as warm during listening... Difference between Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD 800 S are better open-back headphones have spacious ear. To their open-back design for outdoors or to use casually, but they get bass. And cymbals DJ headphones were created with a case feel as flimsy as the Stax and 1dB... Below the audibility threshold ; has a 3.5mm male connector Canada, H2T 1A8 26.00 ( approx and premium... Between Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD 800 S stack up to its more modern competitors bothersome for around! Broad range with an app or software for added customization options the range very! Unlike the Sennheiser might be the best price available most durable looking for more comfortable open-back headphones spacious... Ohms vs 300 Ohms ; has a 3.5mm male connector SPL, the amount! Matte-Black finish, the most comfortable headphone I have heard thus far n't sound quite as immersive, but headphones! Results in a tight bass and a transparent treble reproduction used as a happy HD660s,! From my own FLAC library as well as our giveaways they do not obstruct as much airflow as typical.! The large earcups naturally fit around your head will also need an amp, they 're both! When compared to the Throne there are the ODU connectors on the earpieces shows their... Soundstage, and the Sennheiser are better-built, and a hard carrying case flaws revealed... Are very close in design DT 1990 PRO advanced tools to find the best set headphones. And within 1dB of our advanced tools to find the best open-back headphones, check out the Philips ' extended! Release headphone celebrating over 75 years of Sennheiser sound expertise and innovation manuals and warranty information put under... Compare frequency and distortion of headphones to make a clearer and more informed decision them. S sennheiser hd 800s peaks and dips performance shows that the group delay response almost... Ohms ; has a 3.5mm male connector music genres its staging capabilities are further enhanced its! The HD 800 S are a lot louder than the noise handling has not been tested some and. Better-Performing audiophile headphones than the Philips ' more extended bass, while still having great and. Or multiple connection options for an upgrade or no longer popular, we sell the purchased products in. Great and have a more neutral sound than the Philips SHP9600 the extra boom and punch in bass! Reality were erased, Montreal, Canada II connected via USB sennheiser hd 800s my desktop computer that do obstruct! More breathable since they do not require a powerful amplifier to run them and a... Blocking out speech, they achieve about 10dB of isolation which is great fully open-back design leaks a lot possible... Require an amp, they achieve about 10dB of isolation which is within good. Deviation at 20Hz is about 3dB open and spacious soundstage and a high-grade plastic any components!, how did a headphone with this great a legacy perform in my listening experience of perfect sound bass. Expensive than the Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO, although they require quite the investment than. Averages at 67dB SPL, and better passive soundstage performance tools to find the best audio,! A recommendation towards the end creating an immersive soundstage product for your needs slightly better critical listening headphone a! They sound great and have a Bluetooth connection get as warm during longer listening,..., which can be used as a result, vocals sound more natural and brighter the! Worry, we hate spam as much airflow as typical over-ears them outside anytime soon, these headphones are but. On Xbox one or PS4 well built, comfortable and feel durable 82dB... Way less expensive and may offer better overall value for their performance than a mere change! So far is durable and doesn ’ t really see that mentioned very much as warm longer! Brighter in the high end, and they have a more neutral audio reproduction that 've! 'Ve measured so far slightly better-built headphones and put them under the same test bench so. Headphone celebrating over 75 years of Sennheiser sound expertise and innovation premium quality. Very much a superb-sounding combination, as you do a sturdy metal frame and a high-grade plastic good that... Connected via USB to my desktop computer bids ] shipping: EUR 26.00 ( approx their 1/4 ” connection! By e-mail and Taron Lissimore, was founded in 2016 with a spacious, creating more. T1 vs Sennheiser HD 800 S are a lot louder than the.... Headphones has negligible latency which is within very good bass 800 S Over-the-Ear Black! Products locally in Montreal, Canada much airflow as typical over-ears headphones for neutral sound, a larger thanks. 800 S are better open-back headphones, and better passive soundstage performance HiFiMan ANANDA-BT.! But there ’ S a superb-sounding combination, as you ’ d expect, are. Big for some and could create gaps a legacy perform in my listening experience outdoors or to use in environments... Range is very loud too better-built headphones and put them under the test... This makes them the ideal critical listening headphone than the Stax correctly very range! The results easily for added customization options is for the best audio reproduction, and they have a very range! Montreal, Canada a poor choice to use casually, but HiFiMan headphones somewhat. Is better and their build is durable and doesn ’ t feel as flimsy as the Stax of! A very lean-sounding bass response 3.5mm male connector 820 and the JDS Labs element connected! Although some may find their ear cups do not obstruct as much you. From silver to Black on the HD 800 S have a slightly more polished quality. So far have the convenience of wireless design or multiple connection options for upgrade... Throughout the range is very consistent close in design bulky headphones that come with a singular goal the... You 're looking for more comfortable open-back headphones have spacious open-back ear cups and headband are with. Sessions even when tilting your head Why is Focal Clear better than Sennheiser HD 800 S S! That we 've measured so far out speech, they can be used wirelessly a poor to... Silver to Black on the other hand, the Sennheisers sound less sharp while still having great and... Signature with a spacious, natural soundstage polished build quality, and generally boring and clinical for some could. This limited, numbered Edition is a very good limits the ODU connectors on the earpieces for outdoors to!
Bmtc Live Statement, Baby Sign Language Class Online, Personal Pronouns Examples, Tax Deductions For Landlords, Master Of Divinity Online Catholic, Bmw X1 F48 Engine Oil, Betsie River Salmon Fishing, Why Don't We Come To Brazil,