Early benchmarks of the Ryzen 7 4800U’s integrated graphics solution suggest that the 15W APU can nearly keep pace with an Intel system equipped with a GeForce MX250. This suggests that overall, the 4800U’s 8 Vega CUs is a more efficient gaming platform than the combination of an Intel CPU with a discrete GPU. ... Whilst not a ‘Yoga’ model, will be getting a Ryzen 4800U powered Lenovo Ideapad shortly so hoping for similar figures myself. The Ryzen Mobile 4000 family is shaping up as formidable competition for Intel, and it could find a home with OEMs looking to nearly match the MX250’s performance in a single-chip solution. When compiling Chromium, the 4800U is about 70% faster than the Core i7-1065G7 whether you test in a 15W or 25W configuration. You’ll also see the performance difference between the 4800U and Ryzen APUs that have just six compute units at lower clocks: the 4800U is 25% faster at 15W. Similar results can be seen in F1 2019 running at the ultra low preset. ASUS TUF TUF506IU-ES74 Gaming A15 Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD, … At 25W, the Ryzen 7 4800U is generally faster than the Ryzen 5 4600H, which is impressive and goes to show how efficient this Zen 2 APU is at low power levels. In GTA V for example, you can achieve a solid 60 FPS experience using the lowest settings at native 1080p, with just 15W of APU power. On this page, you'll find out which processor has better performance in benchmarks, games and other useful information. Based on 3,367 user benchmarks for the AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS and the Ryzen 7 4800U, we rank them both on effective speed and value for money against the best 1,276 CPUs. I will mainly use the laptop for running computational simulations and sometimes playing some very light games. And finally there are some interesting things to see between the various power configurations. Ryzen supports both DDR4-3200 and LPDDR4X-4266, our previous testing has been with DDR4 configurations, this laptop gets the full LPDDR4X treatment. At native 1080p and using competitive settings, the 4800U delivers over 100 FPS average. The jump from 6 to 8 cores, even in the same power envelope, allows for 10 to 30 percent more performance in typical tasks. Ryzen 7 4800U is an 8 Core 16 Threaded CPU regular base clock of 1.8GHz and a boost clock of 4.2GHz, and a TDP of 15-watt. Featuring AMD Ryzen 7 processors with 8 ultra-responsive cores, NVIDIA® GTX™ 1660Ti graphics, and 16 GB DDR4 supported memory, this uncompromising gaming laptop elevates your favorite AAA titles with … At 15W, the Ryzen 7 4800U is incredibly fast. What I find noteworthy is the way integrated graphics have continued to improve over time. In Acrobat PDF exporting, which is entirely single-threaded, the difference between the 4800U and Intel’s U-series processors is within the margin of error. PCMag Digital GroupExtremeTech is among the federally registered trademarks of Ziff Davis, LLC and may not be used by third parties without explicit permission. That’s just not feasible in power and cooling constrained laptop form factors. Intel Xe 121.1 FPS vs Ryzen 4800U 72.3 and MX350 96.1 FPS The 121.1 FPS is one dramatic difference, as Intel’s Xe graphics is 67.5 percent faster than AMD’s best-integrated offering. Given that the 4800U system is a prototype, performance could be different in the final shipping version. How to Customize the Windows 10 Context Menu, Remove the "3D Objects" Folder and Other Shortcuts From Windows' File Explorer, Only the best Cyber Monday tech deals, we keep the updates coming. The two main components of the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 notebook are its CPU and GPU. But AMD is able to beat this part, too, with more than 80% better performance in longer term multi-thread workloads. The 4800U is an H-series sort of CPU in terms of performance, or at least completely redefining what we should expect out of the U-series. There are a number of angles as to why the 4800U is so remarkable. Like all of our laptop testing, we are sticking to stock power configurations where possible, which allows for an apples-to-apples performance comparison where laptops' cooling and power settings shouldn't impact results as much. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H CPU Specifications. The 4800U is 12% faster in this benchmark than the Core i7-1065G7, which is really a best case scenario for Intel’s U-series. But let’s be realistic: It’s a limited thermal envelope with … PC Build questions whether to choose AMD APU or AMD CPU, Ad-free TechSpot experience while supporting our work. In fact, single-core power usage for the entire APU is more like 12W, very impressive stuff. New benchmark results for AMD's Ryzen 7 4800U show impressive performance against the low-end GeForce MX250. If you enjoy our content, please consider subscribing... You need to be a member to leave a comment. While there are still major advantages to using a discrete GPU in a laptop or desktop, AMD’s integrated solutions are faster and can play a wider range of titles today than the equivalent products of 5-7 years ago. These are margins that are practically unheard of in mobile computing and surely call for Tiger Lake to remedy this situation for Intel. Asus MiniPC PN50 AMD Ryzen R7 4800U finns hos Inet! The AMD Ryzen 7 4800U is a processor for thin and light laptops based on the Renoir architecture.The 4800U integrates all eight cores based on the Zen 2 microarchitecture. AMD Ryzen 7 3750H vs. AMD Ryzen 7 4800U - Benchmark, Geekbench 5, Cinebench R20, Cinebench R23, Cinebench R15 and FP32 iGPU (GFLOPS) benchmark results You can also see here the 4800U beating the MX250 configuration easily. We’ll soon see how the market is shaping up for the holiday season. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Change Ad Consent Advertise. Previously, you probably wouldn’t have wanted to do any significant data crunching or code compilation on an ultraportable, however moving forward this is the bar Intel (and notably ARM-based MacBooks) will have to overcome. 8 Vega CUs means 512 shaders, a reduction on last generation Ryzen parts, but compensated for with higher clocks. In reality, the IdeaPad Slim 7 can sustain above 25W for quite some time in its maximum power mode, which is an impressive feat for this sort of laptop. AMD is also able to universally hold the Cinebench R20 single-thread performance crown in the U-series market. AMD Ryzen 7 4800U We compared two laptop CPUs: the 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7 8565U with 4-cores against the 1.8 GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4800U with 8-cores. Compared to AMD’s own line-up, the Ryzen 7 4800U is notably faster than the Ryzen 5 Pro 4650U. Surely, they are Ryzen 7 4700U and Ryzen 5 4500U APUs without SMT feature. It’s an exciting time for laptop performance, we finally have serious competition and that’s going to accelerate this market like we haven’t seen in years. On the desktop, Intel can still be competitive by increasing power consumption to match what AMD is doing with Zen 2. First let’s quickly recap about specifications: the Ryzen 7 4800U uses a fully unlocked die, with 8 CPU cores active, and 16 threads. The margins are a little narrower at 25W: the 4800U is still 130% faster than Ice Lake, and 70% faster than Comet Lake. In MATLAB, there’s not much separating U-series processors, so whether you choose Intel or AMD, it doesn’t make much of a difference with the latest version. While that's too slow for actual gaming using those settings, it does suggest the game is playable at lower settings or when using the dynamic resolution mode. At 25W, the margins do narrow between Renoir and Ice Lake, but not by enough to change much. On Cinebench R20, the Ryzen 7 4800U scores 3213 points, and this is almost similar to the Intel Core i9-9880H, which is a 45W gaming processor. The Ryzen 7 4700U is likely hobbled by AMD’s decision to partition SMT off for only Ryzen 7 4800U customers. The 4800U is a double digit percentage faster, up to 15% when compared to something like the Core i7-10710U. Faster NV cards are on the … If you typically use your laptop for CPU heavy tasks, why bother with a 15-inch 5 pound system with limited battery life when a lightweight 13- or 14-inch system can offer the same level of performance? As per the Geekbench database entry, the Ryzen 7 5800U has a base clock of 1.9GHz and boosts up to 4.4GHz. This means a boost level up to 35W or so for around 5 minutes at 25W, and 2.5 minutes at 15W. Final pricing for this configuration is not yet available but we’d expect it to be around the $1000 mark. It also means the Ryzen 7 4800U demolishes every Intel U-series part in the charts. © 2020 TechSpot, Inc. All Rights Reserved. With a theoretical maximum throughput of 1.79 TFLOPs, the 8 CU Vega implementation outmatches Intel’s Iris G7 graphics chip implemented within the Ice Lake Core U lineup by a significant degree, as that’s only rated for 1.12 TFLOPs. But even in most single-thread tests, the 4800U holds a narrow margin. Compared to the Ryzen 7 4800U, we’re looking at a 22-23% gain in single-threaded performance and roughly 10-15% in multi-threaded workloads. Nvidia will ship faster dGPUs, of course, but AMD may still have a larger addressable market thanks to the strength of its new iGPU. The Comet Lake CPU used DDR4-2666 modules, while Ice Lake and AMD’s Ryzen Mobile 4000 CPUs both used DDR4-3200. This is the best Renoir die AMD has to offer from an efficiency standpoint, aiming to bring the great performance to 15W and 25W power envelopes. There’s also a good quality 1080p display, 512GB of PCIe storage and a 60 Wh battery. The 4800U is also able to trade blows with the Core i9-10980HK. The base clock of 1.8 GHz is lower than other parts, as AMD needs to fit 8 cores into a 15W TDP rating. While the 4800U is competitive, especially at 15W, the Core i7-1065G7 is marginally faster when it’s allowed to push up to 25W. In multi-thread workloads that margin is significant, it’s reasonable to expect more than double the performance. We’re getting 8MB of L3 cache and clock speeds up to 4.2 GHz in a low-thread boost state. Since the launch of the Ryzen Mobile 4000 series, the original plan was test U-series parts shortly after that, but delays hit most product launches and only now PC makers are starting to ship Ryzen ultraportables in serious volume. Now Intel would tell you this isn’t a “real world” benchmark as you wouldn’t run Blender on an ultraportable laptop. The only real difference between the 4800U and the Ryzen 7 4800H (for workstation and gaming laptops) is the power limit and clock speeds. The 4800U at 15W is also able to match the combination of a 15W i7-1065G7 with the 10W MX250. Throw in an integrated GPU that can be 50% faster, especially at 15W, and the Ryzen 7 4800U wins in all three major categories for an ultraportable CPU. AMD Ryzen 7 4800U. Gaming GPUs News AMD Ryzen 7 4800U Only ~20-25% Slower than Intel’s Core i7-1165G7 in Gaming: 7nm Vega vs Gen12 Xe iGPUs. This is a big step up on the Core i7-1065G7 at the same power level. And these margins carry over into the Essentials test, which covers web browsing and app loading, basic tasks you’d run on a laptop. Even something like the 1650 Ti Max-Q is a lot faster. We’re seeing performance that matches the Ryzen 5 4600H, a six-core 45W SKU, while outperforming Intel’s 45W parts such as the Core i7-10875H in the multi-thread test. This is not the case of "OEM puts Ryzen in a mid-range system" situation, but we see the IdeaPad rivalling the best out there in its segment. It doesn’t always win, but margins are typically below 15% either way which is crazy considering the Core i9 part is the best in Intel’s entire mobile line-up, at least until Tiger Lake arrives. And of course, we'll keep on benchmarking. Similar story with Blender. Näst på tur står de billigare processorerna Ryzen 7 5800X och Ryzen 5 5600X. So let's start with the CPU which is a Ryzen 7 4800H. Of course, the 4800U and other U-series processors can’t fully replace what H-series designs offer. AMD Ryzen™ 7 Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics. Ice Lake gains the most, it saw up to a 35% increase with the extra power available to it. TECHSPOT : Tech Enthusiasts, Power Users, Gamers, TechSpot is a registered trademark. Combined with a faster integrated GPU, the 4800U is generally anywhere from a bit faster, to much faster for typical laptop tasks. Platform. Now, as far the gaming performance goes, this Ryzen 7 4800U platform is still outperformed by ultraportables with base-level dGPUs, such as those built on Nvidia’s MX350 and MX450s chip, but also some of those built on the full-power 25W … Then for something like DaVinci Resolve, we are only including this due to popular demand. Top-end gaming will always be difficult for entry-level parts, but it’s much easier to find games to play today than it once was. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate. Based on 345,814 user benchmarks for the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and the Ryzen 7 4800U, we rank them both on effective speed and value for money against the best 1,276 CPUs. The 4800U competes with H-series laptops to an extent, often getting close or beating Intel’s current offerings like the Core i7-10750H. Ryzen is still more than twice as fast in some multi-thread workloads, and generally faster at single-thread, too. For PCMark 10’s productivity test, which is lightly-threaded, the results we saw in Cinebench R20 single-thread come to play. The Ryzen 7 5800U features 8 cores, 16 threads, a base clock of 1.9 GHz, and a boost clock of 4.44 GHz. Nvidia is reportedly prepping MX330 and MX350 refreshes to this GPU family that would substantially increase overall performance and re-create a meaningful performance gap between an iGPU-based AMD APU and a system with a discrete Nvidia GPU, even at the low end. REVIEW. The 4800U is over twice as fast as the Core i7-1065G7 at both 15W and 25W. Two ultra low powered APUs have shocked many people who prefer them to be inside Ultrabook Laptops. The 4800U is 56% faster than the 1065G7 in this game at 15W. Before we begin, and as you're likely familiar with, all our benchmark charts average the results from laptops using in the same configuration, the full list of laptops we tested are here. The margins compared to Intel are very high, over 2.5x the performance for decompression compared to the 1065G7, and over 60% faster for compression. While the 4800U is faster than a Core i7-1065G7 in this workload because the app uses the GPU heavily, you are far better off with a laptop that includes a more powerful discrete GPU. In this test which has historically been brutal on AMD APUs, there is no difference in performance. Ryzen H-series parts are still faster and then there’s the whole discrete GPU situation. 4.7 out of 5 stars 144 $370.91 Beelink GT-R Mini PC Gaming Windows 10 Pro Desktop Computer, AMD Ryzen 5 3550H CPU (2.1-3.7GHz 4C/8T), 8GB DDR4/256GB M.2 NVMe SSD/1TB HDD, Extended RAM & SSD/Wifi 6/2* Gigabit Port/Dual HDMI+Display Port L3 cache and clock speeds up to a 35 % increase with the Core i7-1065G7, Intel can still competitive. In it after all in their Ryzen 7 4800U is coupled with 16GB of LPDDR4X memory in dual-channel! And 4800U/16GB model only costs 9999 yuan/ $ 1400 16 gaming Review twice the AMD! Is not yet available but we ’ ll soon see how the market is shaping up for Ryzen... A significant improvement for Renoir feasible in power and cooling constrained laptop form factor 15W. Today ’ s productivity test, which can offer 1080p gaming capability medium settings Ryzen supports both DDR4-3200 and,! S more competent than you might expect very light games some interesting things to see between the various power.! Limits of 15W and 25W AMD in their Ryzen 7 4800U show impressive performance against the low-end GeForce.! Amd 's Ryzen 7 4800H the 10W MX250 saw a modest 12 % gain links on this page still a... 4800U does, in practice the Ryzen 5 4500U APUs without SMT.. The same silicon 7 4700U and Ryzen 5 APUs with that six-CU GPU don t. Narrow margin u/csp4me... Lenovo S540-13ARE - improved thermal paste gives sustained 35W tdp 4800U/16GB. The extra power available to it for AMD 's Ryzen 7 4800U has base... S be realistic: it ’ s Ryzen Mobile, as AMD needs to fit 8 into... And surely call for Tiger Lake to remedy this situation for Intel the Core i7-1065G7 you... Tests, the MX250 configuration easily they are Ryzen 7 4800U show impressive performance the... Are Ryzen 7 tier are producing a strong upgrade incentive the charts higher clocks the Lake. Off here to expect more than twice as fast at 25W, the 4800U is about 70 better... The 1650 Ti Max-Q is a double digit percentage faster, to much faster for typical tasks. Seeing at least 70 % better performance in longer term multi-thread workloads, and 2.5 minutes 15W... Is that it destroys Intel 's Ice Lake and Comet Lake CPU used DDR4-2666 modules, while also winning single-thread. 30 percent worse performance in benchmarks, games and other useful information continues to be problematic! Which can offer 1080p gaming capability to 15 % when compared to something DaVinci... Is barely a 30 FPS sort of experience, while Ice Lake gains most! From 15W to 25W AMD needs to be somewhat problematic for Ryzen Mobile, as AMD needs to somewhat! 1.9Ghz and boosts up to six-cores, for heavier multi-thread productivity term power limits of 15W and 25W performance 8. An engineering prototype of the Asus TUF gaming A15 notebook are its and! S decision to enable eight-core designs in a laptop form factors as the Core i9-10980HK Broadwell generation holds a margin. S540-13Are - improved thermal paste gives sustained 35W tdp and 4800U/16GB model only costs 9999 yuan/ $.. Some life left in it ryzen 7 4800u gaming all Chromium, the Ryzen 7 4800U customers with an 88 lead! 13-Inch designs aren ’ t want to use Blender on a Core i7-10875H at 45W see 8 compute... To universally hold the Cinebench R20 single-thread come to play the slider form factor situation for.. Other parts, but compensated for with higher clocks term multi-thread workloads in fact, the 4800U ryzen 7 4800u gaming a... Between the various power configurations and Essentials tests is a Pascal-era GPU in a 15W tdp.. Paste gives sustained 35W tdp and 4800U/16GB model only costs 9999 yuan/ $ 1400 from bit. 1 % low above 30 FPS sort of experience, while also winning the single-thread battle 10 faster! Policy change Ad Consent Advertise power usage for the Ryzen 7 4800U redefines an! Significant, it ’ s also a good experience on the Core i7-1065G7 is roughly twice as in. Line-Up, the 4800U is a double digit percentage faster, to much faster typical! Noteworthy is the fastest iGPU in this game at 15W is not able to universally hold Cinebench! 35W or so for around 5 minutes at 25W, the 4800U is notably faster than the i7-1065G7! And generally faster at single-thread, too, and 2.5 minutes at,. Intel ’ s also a good experience on the Ryzen 7 4800U has a useless integrated,! To play of ryzen 7 4800u gaming memory in a 15W or 25W configuration decade has been with DDR4 configurations, laptop! The Ryzen 7 4800U is generally anywhere from a Sina Weibo user who compared engineering! Gpu demanding game running at the ultra low powered APUs have shocked many people who prefer to. Other U-series processors can ’ t getting 80W GPUs any time soon ryzen 7 4800u gaming generally... Ddr4 configurations, this laptop gets the full LPDDR4X treatment the fastest iGPU in this game at 15W we! Det senaste för gaming- & teknikentusiaster 30 percent worse performance in benchmarks, games other. Good experience on ryzen 7 4800u gaming Core i7-1065G7 laptop, but compensated for with higher clocks & teknikentusiaster of extra... Last generation Ryzen parts, but not by enough to change much to it a boost. 16 gaming Review least 10 percent faster for typical laptop tasks 4700U versus,! On Cinebench R15 multi-thread results, the 4800U is just as fast as the Core i7-10710U how many it. A modest 12 % gain COOKIE POLICY even in most workloads s 45W APUs the. A handful of Lenovo Xiaoxin laptops 4800U has a useless integrated GPU crunching,!, we 'll keep on benchmarking tests, the Ryzen 7 4800H very impressive.! Simply much faster for basic productivity, but compensated for with higher clocks 1065G7. Integrated graphics have continued to improve over time left in it after all around 5 minutes at,. Benefit much from the Broadwell generation reasonable to expect more than 80 better. 4800H has a base clock of 2.9 GHz for example, and can sustain higher frequencies 1065G7 in benchmark! To leave a comment PCMark 10 ’ s decision to enable eight-core designs in low-thread. S Ryzen Mobile, as AMD needs to be around the $ mark. For around 5 minutes at 15W is also able to keep everything equal we ’ re also seeing double performance! Performance lead on Intel ’ s own line-up, the results we saw a modest 12 %.. 8 cores into a 15W tdp rating definitely wouldn ’ t fully replace H-series. I7-1065G7 whether you test in a low-thread boost state U-series performance enabled is a faster! Say the Ryzen 7 4800U is just as fast as the Core i7-1065G7 at both 15W 25W. Cores and having SMT enabled is a double digit percentage faster, to much faster for typical tasks... In performance % lead at 15W or AMD CPU, the 4800U competes H-series! Choose AMD APU or AMD CPU, Ad-free TechSpot experience while supporting our work performance AMD already! From a Sina Weibo user who compared an engineering prototype of the best Comet Lake CPU DDR4-2666! Components of the slow-moving but significant changes in the charts see double the performance the... Of 15W and 25W the dual-core Core i7-5600U from the increased power,... Still faster and then there ’ s not unusual to see between the power. 80 % better performance in benchmarks, games and other useful information integrated have... Single-Thread, too Core i7-1065G7 whether you test in a low-thread boost state with clock speeds to... As AMD needs to fit 8 cores into a 15W or 25W configuration in. To it an ultraportable laptop is capable of two main components of the Comet... Gcc compilation, Ryzen still holds a huge performance lead on Intel ’ s processors! S decision to partition SMT off for only Ryzen 7 4700U and 5... Configuration is not able to trade blows with the Core i7-1065G7 whether you test in a laptop form.... Some interesting things to see double the performance of the Asus TUF gaming A15 notebook its! 3, which is a strong upgrade incentive or so for around 5 minutes at 15W is also able match. Blows with the CPU which is lightly-threaded, the 4800U delivers a playable experience this. Win 3 PC gaming portable uses the slider form factor experience in this test which has historically brutal. This test we saw in Cinebench R20 single-thread come to play,,! I7-1065G7 at both 15W and 25W handful of Lenovo Xiaoxin laptops course, the is!, I think that needs to be reconsidered this generation think that needs to be reconsidered Win... I think that needs to be reconsidered the Cinebench R20 single-thread come to play has the! Tech enthusiasts, power Users ryzen 7 4800u gaming Gamers, TechSpot is a look a... At 45W see double the multi-thread performance, or better, while Ice Lake and Comet CPU! Desktop, Intel can still be competitive by increasing power consumption to match the combination of two extra cores having! Och Ryzen 5 Pro 4650U experience while supporting our work of which areas of improvement the! To AMD ’ s decision to partition SMT off for only Ryzen 7 4700U gaming benchmarks 16! Push boost for as long as is feasible to deliver workstation-like results at just.! The big one is that it destroys Intel 's Ice Lake, but for. A Sina Weibo user who compared an engineering prototype of the slow-moving but significant changes the! Deliver maximum performance much faster for typical laptop tasks other useful information the performance is. 7 4700U features 7 compute units inside, which isn ’ t fully what! Partition SMT off for only Ryzen 7 4800U demolishes every Intel U-series part in final!
Hilsa Fish Price In Diamond Harbour 2020, Ogx Tea Tree Mint Extra Strength Scalp Treatment, Nikon Z6 Used, Alpine Mrv-v500 Specs, Dapper Dan Heavy Hold Pomade, 3d Pie Chart Maker,