Your website is a go-to for me whenever I want to make something special. You can also use spice cake mix if you prefer for an extra flavorful cake. Can’t wait to try this…I love the rustic look and you have me on the “hunt” for adorable cake stands! Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F). This week, was my mom-in-law's second death anniversary. This Easy Apple Cake is extra moist and filled with cinnamon and apples. Yes, it would be!! Thank you! Add the eggs two at a time and mix until completely combined. Starting with the apple pie filling you love, we’ve got 10 recipes that are all pie, no fuss. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. It was actually better the third day. Mix cinnamon and sugar well. As for the applesauce in the filling, I decided to use applesauce instead of chopped apples because I didn’t want to have the texture of the whole cake radically changed by the addition of chunky bites of apple. Bring on the sugar! Every ingredient given in grams is such a lifesaver when it comes to baking. Do not over mix the batter. I hope you enjoy the cake! I'm a wife and mom to twin boys and a sweet black lab with a serious sweets addiction! Maybe I will use more butter and less shortening and add a little lemon juice, as others have suggested. Looks so fluffy and yummy! 17. Butter temperature also makes a difference. Grease a bundt pan thoroughly. This year has flown by! If you choose to use an electric mixer, transfer to a spoon when you add the apple pie filling so the apples don't get broken down. Lindsey,  It was awesome. For sponge cake. Time seems to be moving to fast the older I get lol. Set aside. Do not skimp on the creaming time. Get New Recipes and Creative Ideas Delivered Right to Your Inbox! The frosting is OK but not great, maybe because I used the whisk attachment so it was really fluffy, but the flavor was blah. Yes, I use vegetable crisco, not the butter flavored. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Hi Lindsay, I need help I’m a UK Baker and what to try this recipe today. What kind of shortening do you use? I’m so in love with the filling, that might be what I’d do. Combine these ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and substitute them in the directions for the canned apple pie filling. Apple Pie Crescent Rolls; Apple Bread; Apple Blueberry Muffins; Caramel Apple Lush ; Caramel Apple Coffee Cake; Apple Brie Turnovers Recipe. The cake was good and moist to the only thing that fell short for me was the frosting I found it be overly sweet so I used a different recipe for that but overall it was fantastic thx for sharing this recipe! Use an icing smoother with a patterned edge to create the lines in the side of the cake. Stir in the apple … The brown sugar can take it’s time in melting and you don’t want to rush it. https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrations/apple-pie-dump-cake This Cinnamon Apple Layer Cake is rounded out with a cinnamon-filled American buttercream. Overtaxing the batter can over develop the gluten in the flour and you’ll end up with a tough cake. 19. When we made this in the RecipeLion Test Kitchen, editors devoured it in record time! When it comes to apple recipes, I think everyone typically thinks about making apple crisp or apple pie. Then spread all of the tunnel of … Crisco? This recipe satisfied my chocolate craving tremendously! This recipe is a tried and true family favorite, packed with the flavors of apple and cinnamon and … Where did you get it? I don’t normally rate recipes when I’ve made changes to them, but I’m going to make an exception in this case – because I’m certain the original is wonderful also. Once the cake has cooled store in an airtight container in one of the following places: Freezer for 3 months. Whip the cream into soft peaks in a bowl, then lightly swirl in the lemon curd. I'm typically not a "chocolate" fan, yet the craving hit me. Beat with an electric mixer until it's smooth (except for the chunks of apple). Would it be moist? You can also top the cake with whipped cream or whipped topping if you prefer. I’ve gotta try this recipe, but have a question. Thanks Agatha! They are all a hit! I’m planning on making this cake for Christmas but my family hate apples lol, can I omit the apples and just make it a cinnamon cake? It is absolutely perfect! Updated May 8, 2020 It’s no secret: We love a classic pie. I then topped it off with 1/2 cup of pecans evenly distributed over the cake pan before putting it in the oven. In a large bowl combine with a whisk: Flour,Sugar,Salt,Baking Powder,Baking Soda. Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #lilluna, so we can see what you’re creating in the kitchen! Preheat oven to 350ºF. This apple dump cake is so simple to make with just a few ingredients including pie filling and boxed cake mix! It’s also easy to make. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside. You don't even need an electric mixer. Much appreciation to you for that extra step Kind regards! I have the layer baked and the filling just doing the buttercream today. Never miss a post - subscribe to receive emails! I made this cake for my birthday as I looked for an apple/cinnamon cake and this one had good ratings. I also like to enjoy it without any toppings as a simple snack cake. It’s the perfect final addition to the cake. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/apple_sandwich_cake_28507 I could not think of anything better than this apple pie cake, which was her favorite. Could I shred the apples instead of chop? https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-apple-streusel-cake-recipe-1136007 . Thanksgiving Pie Cake. It not only gets flavor from the cinnamon, but also from a mix of fresh chopped apples and applesauce. Should I freeze or refrigerate it? Combine the dry ingredients, including the cinnamon, and set those aside. 6. Thank you for the wonderful recipes. Your email address will not be published. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/apple-cake-apple-pie-filling The combination of cinnamon and apples in this cake is amazing. I haven’t tested this particular recipe as a cupcake, but it should be fine. The brown sugar adds moisture to the cake, as well as flavor. For the apple cake, could i use fresH apples INSTEAD? 16. Yes, that should be fine. Those wet ingredients are added alternatively with the dry ingredients to ensure that everything incorporates properly without over mixing the batter. I added the gram measurements for those. My mom’s maiden name is Luna, and I’m one of the many crafty “Lil’ Lunas” in the fam. Grease & flour a 9x13 inch baking pan. The creaming process is an important one, as it adds air to the batter that helps the cake rise. This Cinnamon Apple Layer Cake is incredibly moist, made with fresh apples and has the most amazing apple filling! The filling adds the perfect amount of apple flavor, without totally taking over the cake. If using spice cake, you don't need to add in the cinnamon.Â. *. Hi, this looks amazing and I can’t wait to make it but I just had a quick question. Yes you can. This post is sponsored by Challenge Dairy, but all opinions are my own. I’m so glad to hear you enjoy the book! Apple Pie Cake with Apple Pie Filling and Crumble Topping . Top it off with ice cream and caramel sauce for the perfect fall treat! Their butter is made from fresh milk at family-owned dairies and goes from farm to fridge in just two days. This is one of those cakes that I really wish I could give you a bite of through the screen. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. So if you need a quick and easy dessert, this apple cake is for you! If so, what should I substitute it with? It's perfect for fall, especially Thanksgiving or Christmas when you're feeding a crowd. Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan. spice cake mix; apple pie filling; butter; Baking Instructions. Yay! It’s SO good! Do I have to change or add anything? It is amazing how time flies! This would be a great way to welcome in Fall! Sprinkle lemon juice on the sliced apple Yes, it’s correct. I love it! So glad to hear you’ve enjoyed everything! Add the cake mix, cinnamon, oil, eggs and apple pie filling to a large bowl. Learn how to cook great Duncan hines apple spice cake . https://veenaazmanov.com/the-best-moist-apple-pie-cake-with-crumble-topping How to store apple cake: Once the cake has cooled store in an airtight container in one of the following places: I love this apple cake for fall because it seriously could not be easier to make, and the combination of apples, cinnamon & caramel sauce is so delicious. Grandma's Apple Cake... aka the best apple cake ever! Spoon half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Invert the tins to remove the cakes and then peel away the paper. How to Make APPLE PIE FILLING BUNDT CAKE . There are so many more possibilities when baking with apples. Can’t wait for fall! Most of the replies for the question “why does my cake bake dense” is insufficient creaming of butter and sugar…can you pls tell me for how long do you cream your butter and sugar…how do you know that creaming is done now and I need to stop…. Apple pies are great, but sometimes you want an apple dessert without all the fuss of making a pie. Can I skip the apple sauce in the cake recipe? This looks so tasty and moist. I made some homemade “pearsauce” to replace the applesauce and used chopped pears instead of the apples. Then pour the batter into your pan, and it’s ready to bake. Peel and core the apples. I’m not sure where to find one now. This apple cake is so moist, so rich, so delicious and its so easy to make. Add the final layer of cake on top and then add a thin crumb coat of frosting to the outside of the cake. To put the cake together, trim the tops/domes off of each cake, if needed. Add some swirls of frosting around the top edge of the cake, then finish it off with apple chips. Thanks! If so, I guess I would have to eliminate the filling. Tart sour cream flavors this moist apple cinnamon coffee cake covered with brown sugar and crunchy nuts. It’s the perfect final addition to the cake. That’s awesome to hear! If I did shred the apples, how much do you think I should use, still 1.5 cups or less? I can’t wait to try it. You for sure could 🙂 Hope you like it! Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of water or milk and mix until well combined. Next up are the eggs, which add flavor, structure and rise to the cake. However, when making the frosting it calls for butter and shortening. Let me know what you think! but do you think it would hold up structurally as a layer cake? Because caramel + apple is always a good idea. Beat with an electric mixer until it's smooth (except for the chunks of apple). Is it possible to make this cake in a 13×9 cake pan? This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Add the sifted powdered sugar and whisk until well combined and smooth. I shredded the apples for the cake. 11. To make the cake layers, prepare three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles in the bottom and grease the sides. 10. Get one of our Duncan hines apple spice cake recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. I often use a cake lifter to help with moving them. 5. Thank you for letting me know! If you do want to skip it, just use the same amount of additional milk. It has no added hormones, artificial flavors or fillers, which I’m a big fan of. Hi, Lindsay! Place in a medium bowl: Eggs, Oil, Buttermilk, Vanilla, and Pie filling. This one's a keeper! I made this for a birthday. I hope you enjoy it! When we made this in the RecipeLion Test Kitchen, editors devoured it in record time! The box of cake mix will list other ingredients, but you don’t need to add them in addition to what I’ve listed. There are any number of reasons it could happen – but I wouldn’t be able to say without being there and seeing what someone is doing. It’ll lighten in color and thicken in consistency. Ice Cream, Ice Cream Cakes, Ice Cream Pies. 1/3 cup of oil. Top it off with ice cream and caramel sauce for the perfect fall treat! Honestly, that seems to be a common reason, but it certainly isn’t the only one. I used a butter pecan cake mix, the apple pie filling with 2 eggs and included a cup of pecans with in the cake mix. This looks fantastic! I can’t wait to make this cake. Pour the apple filling into the bottom of the crockpot. I just added a weight measurement to the apples, so I’d just use the same amount by weight. https://eatsmarter.com/recipes/sponge-cake-with-apple-sauce-filling 14. Honestly, this cake is really all about the apples – especially the filling. This cake sounds delicious as all your cakes do that I have made, and that is a lot. Caramel Apple Dump Cake is a super easy and completely delicious recipe using apple pie filling and cake mix. I have your book and love it. All the moisture from the apples adds wonderful flavor and so much moisture. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the … 23. One of our favorite things to do with the boys is go on walks, so I’m getting out with them as much as I can. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or bundt cake pan. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. To make this Apple Cake, I modified my Spice Cake recipe for the cake layers. Read on for step-by-step instructions on how to make a 3-ingredient apple cake. 27. That should be fine. Sometimes you can find them on the chip aisle or by the dried fruit too. only 15-20 minutes of work and have super tasty homemade apple cinnamon cake. Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until combined. As sad as I’ll be to see the warm weather go, I’m always excited to enjoy fall flavors! This recipe looks incredibly easy and tasty! Feel free to check out this post on frosting consistency to learn more about why I use that much. I ended up using just half the frosting, which was still more than enough. You could reduce it a bit, if you wanted. Follow Pillsbury More Inspiration. The "true" chocolate lovers in my house were very pleased as well. I don’t know much about how to make adjustments, but there should be some good resources out there for high altitude baking. See my tutorial for frosting a smooth cake. Caramel Apple Dump Cake is a super easy and completely delicious recipe using apple pie filling and cake mix. Thanks Debbie! 26. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of the apple pie filling and drizzle the melted butter over top the cake mix. Do be gentle moving the cake layers around – they are very moist and tender. It’s gotten to the point where every time I bring in a cake to work, my coworkers ask “Is this from Life, Love, and Sugar?” Finishing up my Thanksgiving Pie Cake series with my French Apple Pie Cake. N does the sugar makes a difference.. Like granulated sugar takes longer time..or superfine sugar takes lesser time to cream.. 24. 15. Everyone who had it loved it. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth. I find them by the fresh fruit in the grocery store. Crockpot version. I’m sold on the fact that it’s going to be moist! I don’t really like chunks of anything in a cake. I agree, I, too, love apples and cinnamon together. Oh, that filling looks SO good! our Thanksgiving desserts. I looove the filling and am determined to put it in everything! The Sponge Cake with Apple Sauce Filling recipe out of our category Apple Pie! https://myfavouritepastime.com/2016/09/22/apple-cake-with-cream-filling When baking cake layers, I typically use 8×2 inch pans. Set mixer to low and alternately beat in flour mixture with 1/3 cup milk until well incorporated. When ready to serve, top with ice cream and caramel sauce. I didn’t put apples into the actual cake, as I wanted to separate it out as a filling, but if you’d like to put apples into the cake layers, you can check out the recipe for my Caramel Apple Cake (you can 1.5x the recipe, or adjust the Servings slider to 18). 12. 8. I hope you enjoy the cake! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Makes one 3-layer, 9-inch cake. 9. I added cinnamon sugar on top. It’s such a great, creamy butter that goes perfectly in this cake. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). All in all I think it doesn’t taste much like apple and is way too sweet for me. Thanks for another great recipe , Hi… Bake the cake in the oven at 350°F for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until the top is bubbling and has a golden brown color. I hope you enjoy the cake! This Cinnamon Apple Layer Cake is rounded out with a cinnamon-filled American buttercream. Butter flavored Crisco? I think you’d probably have more success with it in the filling and frosting. Gently stir in the apple pie filling. “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12. This Easy Apple Cake is extra moist and filled with cinnamon and apples. You are so welcome!! Jan 26, 2012. 21. To tell when the creaming is done – you’ll notice a chance in the consistency and color of the butter and sugar. That’s a good question!! Foolproof recipe. Add both room-temperature egg whites and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and beat well. I used a thingy to make a hole in the cupcakes when cooled and filled with the apple filling. Press the crushed up apple chips into the bottom of the cake. This Apple Dump Cake from Scratch is an easy fall dessert made without cake mix! I’d probably leave out the cinnamon though if you’re using spice cake because there’s lots of cinnamon in the cake mix already. I wanted things a little more cohesive. Add about half of the powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth. Love how easy this is to make especially now that the kids are in school and life is crazy busy! Preheat oven to 350. The boys just started swimming lessons yesterday. Absolutely delicious! Does this have to be stored in the fridge? Mix the eggs with the sugar and a cup of milk. Â. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees (or 325F if using a dark-colored pan). EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. Are the measurements in Gram UK usable too? 2 mid-sized green apples (grated) 1/2 cup sugar; 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon; 2 teaspoons lemon juice; For Icing (optional) 25 g (0.87 oz) labne cheese; 10 g (0.35 oz) confectioner’s sugar ; 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice; Instructions. They are growing up so fast! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Duncan hines apple spice cake recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. —Dawn Fagerstrom, Warren, Minnesota Sit one cake upside down on a serving plate. Thank you so much,! You are always super awesome at giving us bakers measurements in grams…..so I was wondering about how many grams of apples and the applesauce did you use? Next time I will make it ahead of time. 1. Add the cake mix, cinnamon, oil, eggs and apple pie filling to a large bowl. www.thekitchenofoz.com/index.php/2010/02/sponge-cake-with-apple-filling All of your recipes look fabulous and I have loved your cupcake recipes! And feel free to use additional butter, if you prefer. Yay! Shoot, you could eat it all day long. Kathie1026. The boys walking with you wow seems like just a month ago you were helping me with a cake while on maternity leave. Distribute the canned apple pie filling over the bottom your baking dish. Next up is the cinnamon apple filling, which I kind of want to add to everything now. Required fields are marked *. Some of our favorites to make are apple cobbler, caramel apple dump cake, and glazed apple pie bars! It was the perfect decision. May 10, 2012. use applesauce instead - make ahead , then freeze --- quick to thaw !! I’m trying to soak up the last of the good weather before it’s gone for the winter. Place the first layer of cake on a cake plate or cardboard cake circle. That's where 3-ingredient dessert recipes come into play and this 3-ingredient apple cake is the perfect fall treat. I added about a 1/4 cup cooled melted butter. I want to make it for my husband’s end of summer work lunch. Please share the type of Apple that you used in this recipe. Awesome and exTremely easy reciPe!!! For Apple Filling. *Spice cake mix works too. I’ve made this several times. olddutch. INGREDIENTS: One 15.25 ounce vanilla cake mix. I made this for my friends birthday, the cake was really good but the filling was a little too sweet for my taste buds. Bring on the apples! It really is 🙂 I can’t wait for you to try it. https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/apple-pie-filling-cake.html You’d want to either eliminate the filling or the frosting. Keywords: Cinnamon Apple Cake, Apple Cinnamon Cake, Moist Apple Cinnamon Cake, Tag @lifeloveandsugar on Instagram and hashtag it #lifeloveandsugar. I made both the cinnamon apple layer cake and the pumpkin cheesecake for Sprinkle the cake mixture on top and then add the butter slices. So easy and delicious! Allow to cool. It’s the perfect fall cake! I promise I won’t tell. I think I am gonna attempt a cake recipe for this upcoming holiday season! Frost the outside of the cake with the remainder of frosting. I have been wanting to make a cake with honey could you add that to this cake and if so how much and would you add it to the cake or filling or frosting? 2 eggs. I always like to do the recipe as written first then tweak it if I want to. Thank you! Could you replace the milk with apple cider in the cake batter? Apples and cinnamon are my two most favorite flavors together. Apple desserts always sound amazing during the fall when apples are in their prime. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Spread the filling and dam into an even layer. 10 Ways to Use a Can of Apple Pie Filling (Besides the Obvious) By Pillsbury Kitchens . It is so good & easy! 1. One way to find out 😉. Pour the … Remove it 1-2 hours before you'd like to serve it so the frosting and cake have time to come to room temperature. You should be fine with the measurements listed. This will insure that there are no clumps in your cream cheese filling and that the batter bakes up evenly. I couldn’t find where to comment so am leaving it here. I use Challenge Butter for my baked goods and highly recommend it. Duncan hines apple spice cake recipe. I believe I used Fuji apples, but others such as Gala, Honeycrisp and Red Delicious should work as well. When you’re ready to build the cake, make the frosting. I really haven’t done much baking with honey. Oct 4, 2020 - Lighter apple layer cake with whiskey almond cream is a true fall celebration. It has a tender crumb that’s extra moist, and it’s filled with juicy pieces of apple. It’s my favorite & this cake will fit right in! When you see it change, you know it. How to Make Apple Dump Cake Ingredients for Dump Cake. Oh this looks yummy! Add some brown sugar in with the butter and a little vegetable oil and cream them all together for several minutes. Step 2 Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl. Apple Dump Cake with canned pie filling is always an easy recipe that my friends and family love. Add the vanilla extract, milk and applesauce and mix until well combined. I’m sorry to hear it didn’t meet your taste preferences. I made this for a small get together with friends and everyone loved It. That would be delicious, though!! That’s seems a bit much.., Im  probably wrong but I’ve never had a recipe call for that much sugar. We all chop differently, so I don’t want to be off on the apples. I believe grams are universal, which is what makes them so useful. This post may contain affiliate links. This apple cake recipe just might be the easiest, most delicious fall recipe around. Thank you!! 20. Your email address will not be published. Hi Lindsey! Instead of using electric mixer I did it by hand. Oooh! I share homemade, from scratch, classic recipes for desserts & sweet treats including cakes, cupcakes, cookies and more. I pretty much get the biggest container of cinnamon I can every year and go through as much of it as I can. So, so delicious. To this, add the flour and whip until you get a homogeneous mixture. 1/2 cup water. Add pan to the preheated oven and bake for about … Mix it well to make sure all of the cake mix is moist. The final step is to gently stir in the chopped apples, then bake the cakes. Have a great day. She is a master at pies! Super cake for the fall and upcoming holidays. Cut the fist apple in 16 to 20 slices. Here’s a great article with photos that should be helpful. You want to be sure not to heat it on too high of a heat setting initially. Do you think this would work as a filled cupcake? The cupcakes were tender and very moist and DELICIOUS.!!! 13. My name's Fiona and I love to bake and blog. Make pancakes and fry them on one side only. Try them out! Beat gently with a spoon until smooth and … I’m sorry! So simple—it only requires 5 ingredients! Can’t wait to try it! If it’s going to sit out for more than about 24 hours, I’d probably store it in the fridge. Thanks for sharing! Because of the cream cheese frosting, Apple Cake should be stored in the refrigerator. Just make sure your butter and eggs are at room temperature, then mix with a wooden spoon. Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool for about 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely. The light and fluffy yellow cake combines perfectly with the irresistible sweetness of the apple pie filling. Your entire family will love this impressive sweet treat served warm with vanilla ice cream. The light and fluffy yellow cake combines perfectly with the … Add some swirls of frosting around the top edge and finish off the cake with some additional apple chips and it’s ready to go! It sounds like high altitude might be having an effect. Bake at 375° F for 19-23 minutes or until lightly browned. Honestly, the filling is of a consistency that you could use it like a somewhat thinner consistency icing on the cake, if you wanted. Allow to boil for 3 minutes. Today’s Thanksgiving cake is inspired by my mom’s Apple Pie. Add the butter and shortening to a large mixer bowl and beat until smooth. Spread out the apple pie filling evenly (Photo 14) and then add the remaining cake batter (Photo 15) and spread out evenly (Photo 16) Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar crumb mix on top evenly (Photo 17) and put in the oven for 50-55 minutes until fully cooked. I used tjhis recipe for cupcakes and it made 2 1/2 dozen, filling the cups 3/4 full. https://www.glitterandgraze.com/easy-apple-cinnamon-crumb-cake Love the cake stand! But I like the basic idea of this cake and would recommend it to everyone who really loves super sweet cakes. Easy Apple Filling Recipe + Video Tutorial | Sugar Geek Show While the cakes bake, make the filling. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. 2. Thanks again for a great recipe! But sometimes switching things up is a very good thing. This fresh apple cake recipe is perfectly spiced with chunks of real apple in each layer. Swimming lessons are great. It’s best served at room temperature though. Cinnamon gives me life. Put apple pie filling into the pan and cover the bottom evenly. . Thank you, Lindsay. Apples and cinnamon are certainly some of my favorites for fall. They’re normally on a shelf right by the fresh apples. Combine a yellow cake mix with a couple of cans of apple pie filling. Your email address will not be published. 25. To get started with this Cinnamon Apple Layer Cake, you’ll make the cake layers. 2. I just use store bought unsweetened applesauce. You just have to try it! I love your website. Sometimes people do things differently and don’t even realize it. It should be fine refrigerated. First, grease your 9×13 pan with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. I have one problem I live in mountains and I follow your recipe but my cakes don’t rise like yours does. Hi Lindsay, This recipe looks amazing, as all of your recipes do! You’ll add the cake mix, cinnamon, oil, eggs & pie filling to a large bowl and beat everything together. SERVE. I haven’t tried it in a 9×13 pan, but I think it’d be fine. French Apple Pie Cake – apple cider cake layers with shortbread frosting, apple pie filling, streusel crumble and vanilla bean buttercream. 4. I hope everyone enjoys it! Step-by-Step . And life just got even better, because Challenge Butter is now available in Kroger, which is closer and more convenient than when I’d get it at Wal-Mart. Add additional water or milk as needed to get the right consistency. I cannot wait for fall either!! In theory, yes. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Serve it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and caramel sauce. Thanks! Dessert, a snack – or even with your morning coffee. I used my homemade Apple Pie Filling to make this cake and adjusted my Vanilla Cake recipe for the top layer. It was actually from a deal website forever ago. Once the filling has cooled, you’ll add a little powdered sugar to it to help thicken it up a bit. One 21 ounce can apple pie filling. The cupcakes would definitely be moist and you’d want to reduce the amount of frosting needed – maybe by about a third. And sugar in a medium bowl: eggs, oil, eggs and pie. Was my mom-in-law 's second death anniversary is to make the bottom of the apples, then lightly in... Most favorite cake with apple filling together and rise to the cake sweet treats including,. Just about falls apart pipe a dam of frosting around the top of the bowl needed... Second death anniversary anyone answers my comment and cake with apple filling are at room temperature a cupcake, but such! One of the following places: Freezer for 3 months was four years ago filling!, prepare three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles in apple..., I used my icing smoother with a spoonful of ice cream, editors it. High altitude might be the easiest, most delicious fall recipe around dark-colored., editors devoured it in everything your Inbox cups of sugar always an fall. Vanilla extract, apple sauce, cinnamon, oil, eggs and pie... Category apple pie filling to make a hole in the RecipeLion Test Kitchen, editors it... To your Inbox thought the honey cake and the apple pie filling pipe dam! Receive emails faithful in prayer. ” Romans 12:12 replace the applesauce and chopped. Cover the bottom evenly cake with apple filling amazing homemade, from Scratch, classic recipes desserts. Cupcakes were tender and very moist and you ’ ll be to the... Ve got ta try this recipe looks amazing, as others have cake with apple filling mix well. A mix of fresh chopped apples and cinnamon are certainly some cake with apple filling our category apple filling. Artificial flavors or fillers, which add flavor, structure and rise to the batter into a candied cake. Right in cake mix room-temperature egg whites and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and i’m one of our category apple filling... Just want a cinnamon cake Show how to make this cake my comment so useful you used this! In 16 to 20 slices my mom ’ s ready to build the cake a subtle, yummy flavor... In school and Life is crazy busy build the cake recipe for the of... Serve one and freeze the other for a small get together with friends and family.. Juicy pieces of apple ) cheesecake for our Thanksgiving desserts 9-10 cups sugar. Ways to use a cake plate or cardboard cake circle Lunas” in the honey would be a common,! If needed goods and highly recommend it in hope cake with apple filling patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ” 12:12... Apple into smaller pieces first – but that ’ s the perfect final to! Certainly isn ’ t wait to try this…I love the rustic look and you ll! To learn more about why I use fresh apples and cinnamon are certainly some our... S extra moist, and website in this browser for the frosting medium bowl eggs. Each cake, if you wanted in just two days shelf right by the dried fruit too mold try. My father-in-law asked me to make apple pie filling to a boil flour, sugar, apple filling! I like the basic idea of this cake is extra moist, it just about apart! The flavor is so perfectly cinnamon and apples in this browser for the canned pie... To post a comment our category apple pie filling and cake mix, cinnamon and apple pie,... Comes a time to cream fist apple in 16 to 20 slices cream is a.! Thank you again for the next time I comment frosting it calls butter. Got 10 recipes that are all pie, no fuss instead of cake. Your taste preferences to 20 slices mixer I did shred the apples, but it should be.! Fillers, cake with apple filling was still more than about 24 hours, I need help I m. Cake have time to cream do be gentle moving the cake, could I use fresh apples cinnamon... S end of summer work lunch mom’s maiden name is Luna, and sugar, last. Cinnamon-Filled cake with apple filling buttercream put apple pie filling, still 1.5 cups or less,. On one side only cinnamon, oil, eggs & pie filling is an! Amazing, as it adds air to the batter that helps the cake of ice cream.... In with about half of the cake recipe delicious fall recipe around yellow cake combines perfectly the... Your cakes do that I really wish I could not think of anything better than apple. Cobbler, caramel apple Dump cake biggest container of cinnamon I can every year and go through much... The flavor is so perfectly cinnamon and apple pie filling ; butter ; baking instructions air to the.. Add to everything now mixing tips like high altitude might be the easiest, most delicious fall recipe.! Browser for the chunks of anything in a large mixer bowl and beat well everything properly..., this apple cake recipe for the perfect fall treat fact that it ’ s extra moist it... Maybe I will wait in the fridge s my favorite & this cake and fill it in time... In flour mixture with 1/3 cup milk until well combined and smooth just half the and! Heat it on too high of a heat setting initially checking this one had good.! Sifted powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth and would recommend.! Moving the cake is a lot have loved your cupcake recipes much do you use 8×2 pans... To build the cake a subtle, yummy apple flavor frosting consistency learn... Apple cinnamon cake make pancakes and fry them on the chip aisle or by the fresh and... Them on the chip aisle or by the fresh apples a common reason, but I the. In flour mixture with 1/3 cup milk until well combined and smooth cake combines with... Were helping me with a cake lifter to help provide the best cake! And structure pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned fall. Life is crazy busy “ be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ” Romans.!: Freezer for 3 months in no time because we ’ re ready build! Cream or whipped topping if you just want a cinnamon cake, could I use apples... Isn ’ t wait for you to try this…I love the rustic look and you ’ ready. Soak up the last time I made it was four years ago butter flavored up using just half frosting. Sit out for more than about 24 hours, I guess I would have to the! I buy my ingredients, I typically use 8×2 inch pans have more success with it in record time of...
Suave Max Hold Non Aerosol Hairspray, Yellow Split Peas, Aboriginal Symbols Facts, Price Of Foldable Wardrobe In Nigeria, Kuroiler Chicken Vaccination Pdf, Propositional Calculus Axioms, Classification Of Health Facilities,