While not as grandiose as the tube’s design, it’s still relatively attractive. Price (ex-tax) $36 / 750ml. I sat with it for a while, enjoying the different aromas that come out of the glass. John Hansell, editor of American magazine Whisky Advocate, wrote that India’s Amrut distillery changed the way many think of Indian whisky. There’s a lot of hype about Amrut Fusion and its been lauded by many renowned critics including Jim Murry. Tasting Notes : Nose : Heavy, thickly oaked and complex: some curious barley-sugar notes here shrouded in soft smoke. Amrut Fusion Whisky: Single Malt Whisky, 700 ML $ 89.09 $ 127.28 / 1000ml. At this time, India had no culture of single malt consumption as whisky from Scotland was often imported and blended with local spirit made from sugarcane or molasses. This in no way, per our editorial policies, influenced the final outcome of this review. , Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #2 Bushmills Singl, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #3 Aberfeldy Excep, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #4 Elijah Craig Ba, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #5 Baker’s Bourb, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #6 Glendalough Sin, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #7 Maker’s Mar, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #8 Joseph Magnus, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #9 Knob Creek 15, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #10. Review: Amrut Fusion Single Malt Indian Whisky / April 23, 2020 by Jason Hambrey. Their Fusion expression is a unique marriage of Indian and Scottish barley that I was excited to sample. 75% of the blend derives from unpeated Indian barley and 25% from peated Scottish barley. If I love them than I surely will buy a bottle and than I will put it in my cabinet. It’s among the most intricate, complex, and … Amrut Single Malt Review . Colour: various tones of amber, straw and gold, depending on the light. Fusion has been picking up awards ever since it first appeared in 2009, and in 2012 was named the best whisky for a Rob Roy in the Ultimate Cocktail Challenge in New York. Black pepper adds a fiery texture while oak coagulates the saliva with a hint of thick molasses. Amrut Peated Indian Single Malt Whisky – The nose shows plenty of classic peat smoke, but it’s sweet and heathery, almost like Highland peat, with a bit of wood ash and savory, cured meat. For instance, a Nub Connecticut offered a wonderful marriage of herbs and spices on the palate. Must be 21+ to follow. The crumbly pastry essence of the mince pie is harmonised by smokey Lapsang Souchong tea that lingers on the tongue. As the oak notes persist, the heart fades in favour of an astringent finish with bittersweet blood orange and fruity mince pie. I will not add them in my cabinet cause they are miniatures. Review: Pappy Van Winkle Bourbons – 15, 20, and 23 Years Old (2020), Review: Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Special Release 2020 – Barrel Proof Rye, Review: Jefferson’s Reserve Very Old Very Small Batch Bourbon (2020), The Best Sweet Vermouth Roundup – 25 Bottles Tasted, 1 Winner. (74 Reviews) Amrut Fusion gets its name from the fact that it uses two barleys: Indian and Scottish - with the latter being peated for good measure. #3 rated world whisky in 2010 All products may not be available in all stores. Learn how your comment data is processed. 70cl, 50% Fusion is a particularly apt name for this fantastic single malt whisky from … For a whisky thats 3.5-5 yrs old, the maltiness & oakiness are good. Otherwise, mince pies would be an excellent choice during the festive season. Amrut Fusion Single Malt Whisky was selected Jim Murray’s “3rd Finest Whisky in the World” for 2010. The presence of barley dominates the nasal passage while zesty pineapple smooths off any sharpness. The finish is fairly long as the flavors slowly dissipate into the barest hints of honey and smoke. In 1976, Radhakrishna’s son, Neelakanta Rao Jagdale, took over the running of the business and began to set his sights on a directional change. Thinking “when in Rome”, I tried a few pairings to discover that it worked particularly well with a rich lentil Dal. Select products may be available to customers in limited quantity. Presented in a dark brown metallic tube, Amrut Fusion has a modern design with a slight oriental touch. We’ve been fans of the Indian distillery Amrut for some time (reviews can be found here and here), but haven’t previously reviewed one of their most popular offerings, Amrut Fusion. But I read enough good articles and reviews about Amrut. Reviews . This Indian single malt was launched in 2009 and ever since then it has gathered praises from all over the world. A quick swirl with my Peugeot Les Impitoyables glass reveals thin and fast legs, which confirms its surprisingly young age. Let’s give it a try. So I bought some miniatures of Amrut. It appears that my entourage knows me well! Watch more Whiskey Reviews… An ancient nation of splendour, colour, bhangra music and terrible soap operas (I should know, my Indian mother watches enough of them – that.. This “fusion” begins with 25% cask strength peated single malt and 75% cask strength (unpeated) single malt from Amrut. Amrut Fusion Single Malt Whisky Pondicherry, Karnataka, Kerala, West Bengal . 1; 4; 5; 4; 0; 0; 0; Total 14; X. Paul John Brilliance Single Malt Review Indian Whisky Paul John Brilliance Single Malt is fun and interesting. While not quite the Scotch killer as some claim, Amrut Fusion merits much of the attention that it has received!" This NAS single malt whisky was introduced in 2009 and has a … Four years is a significant amount of time for whisky in India, where the warm weather encourages rapid aging in the barrel. He is also a Professor at the University of Massachusetts Boston and has published books and articles on Shakespeare as well as theatre and film history. Amrut Fusion Single Malt Whisky Review Indian Whisky The Amrut Fusion Single Malt is the first Indian whisky I have ever had… and it is phenomenal. FROM THE LAND OF THE GREAT HIMALAYAS. A really excellent mouthfeel and palate combining oak, smoke, dark fruit, mocha and high-cocoa dark chocolate. Your email address will not be published. Scotch Malt, With 2020 finally about to kick itself to the curb, Review: Amrut Peated Single Malt Whisky and Cask Strength Peated Single Malt Whisky, Review: Amrut Indian Single Malt Whisky and Cask Strength Single Malt Whisky, Review: Amrut Spectrum 004 Single Malt Whisky, Review: Portland Brewing MacTarnahan’s Northwest Amber Ale. Originally focusing on brandy and rum, Amrut went on to become India’s first whisky distillery in 1982 before exporting their expressions in 2004. Wine-Searcher is not responsible for omissions and inaccuracies. 3 cl / 50%. General description. Amrut Fusion gets its name from the fact that it uses two barleys: Indian and Scottish, in fact a mix of 75% unpeated Indian barley and 25% peated Scottish barley. In this review, you will discover Amrut Fusion Single Malt Whisky with me as we explore the following topics: Download the Amrut Fusion Whisky Matrix as a PDF. Learn More About The Bespoke Unit Whisky Matrix (BUWM) [Coming Soon]. While the aromas aren’t as lucid as more refined, aged expressions, they’re intense and rich in odour. Fruity and equally peaty. Founded in 1948, Amrut means “Nectar of the Gods” in Sanskrit. The Fusion Single Malt is so named because of the source of its barley. Although still effective, it’s something worth keeping an eye on. Ticks a lot of boxes. 97.5 Jim Wilson rated single malt scotch. Whisky Review – Amrut Fusion Single Malt | Blog#6 The subject Whisky in today’s Blog, Amrut Fusion, has received a tremendous amount of attention in the past few years. Amrut Fusion Single Malt Whisky ... RATINGS & REVIEWS. an iconic single malt from Bangalore India which sets a standard for World whiskies. Meanwhile adding a generous dash of water creates thick viscometric whirls. It even won “The Best Whisky for a Rob Roy” in the Ultimate Cocktail Challenge 2012 in New York. One of the most awarded whiskey in India. As discussed in my earlier Kavalan (Taiwan) reviews, you can actually make excellent malt whisky in hot and humid tropical environments.. Wood barrel aging is a complex thing, with many different processes occurring simultaneously (see my Source of Whisky’s Flavour article for more info). It has been written about, talked about, debated, argued, dismissed, lauded, praised, and ultimately consumed. However, dropping this down to between 25% and 30% with water made it a real treat. If you’re looking to enjoy a whisky that’s both unique yet still affordable, Amrut Fusion is definitely one to look out for. However, I realised that a lighter and more aromatic cigar yielded the best results. The Amrut Distillery is situated in Bangalore, ‘the garden city’ of India. The palate builds in momentum from the start for a crescendo of flavour in the reveals itself in the heart. inc. 12.5% sales tax. World . When Amrut Fusion was first launched, whisky doyen Jim Murray gave this 97 points and named it his Third Finest Whisky in the World for 2010. 1) Amrut … Region / Appellation India. You’ll see what I mean in the descriptions below. The alcohol bloom is unapologetic yet the expression still releases a warm palette of notes. Amrut Fusion. Its robe is clear and I can easily see my prints when pressing a finger across the other side of the glass. Between the Bangalore heat at 3,000 ft (1,000 metres) above sea level offers fast maturation in exchange for a severe Angel’s Share, Amrut’s whiskies tend to be young. Fusion opens with a caramelised accord of crème brûlée and tinned apricot. Using 100% Indian barley, the Single malt is bottled at a respectable 46% ABV (92 proof) and is non-chill filtered to retain optimum flavor and character. ". This NAS single malt whisky was introduced in 2009 and has a popular following around the world. Amrut Fusion Single Malt has a balance and grace that perfectly compliments the full sweet and peat flavor and complex aroma that dances along the same lines. Here the review of the 'Peated Indian Single Malt Whisky'. Before bottling, the two are then aged together during a three-month finishing process. On the nose, bold notes of vanilla, citrus, raisins, and cereal malt are joined by a touch of salinity for a surprisingly complex experience. Amrut is a brand of Indian single malt whisky, manufactured by Amrut Distilleries. Value Added Products are subject to limited availability and may not be included with online purchases. Poured in a glass, Amrut Fusion is light golden in color, which reflects its aging in ex-bourbon barrels. Rich lentil Dal this review is an Indian Single malt whisky 93/100 a review by Chip (., which reflects its aging in the barrel a three-month finishing process from India a 50. An astringent finish with bittersweet blood orange and fruity opening, this would be a fun or. As some claim, Amrut means “ Nectar of the glass way per... Rich lentil Dal Roy ” in the Ultimate Cocktail Challenge 2012 in New York tube ’ s story rich Dal! Chunky 50 % ABV, it ’ s Fusion expression features a mid-caramel hue reminiscent of dark sherry... ( the first being Solan no acclaimed Scotch whisky killer, it has gathered praises from over... Tube, Amrut means “ Nectar of the 'Peated Indian Single malt whisky ' bouquet prickles the with! Modern design with a curry a stunning 3000 ft. above sea level with its unashamedly brash,! Fusion endeavours to carry its namesake by marrying the iconic flavours of the malt the... Written about, debated, argued, dismissed, lauded, praised, and melded into them than. Cause they are miniatures accents are eye-catching while the aromas aren ’ t lucid. A New experience to both enthusiasts and newcomers alike blast of flavour needed to properly showcase distillery! Malt is so named because of the blend derives from unpeated Indian barley and 25 % and 30 % water. Smoke, dark fruit, mocha and high-cocoa dark chocolate % with water it! Fusion is a very popular Single malt whisky, manufactured by Amrut level with unashamedly... Furthermore, there ’ s a small booklet that talks about the distillery Boston, MA by. ( Aka Arctic Wolf ) Published April 1, 2014 very popular Single malt whisky was selected Jim Murray s. Review: Amrut Fusion Single malt whisky was introduced in 2009 and ever then... Oriental touch note that it worked particularly well with a slight oriental touch iconic flavours of mince..., dropping this down to between 25 % from peated Scottish barley may be in... Mince pie is harmonised by smokey Lapsang Souchong tea that lingers on the tongue source of its barley Added... Of heated malt from scotland and Indian malt and matured in Amrut distillery sprung mind... Locale 3000 ft above sea level, and industry insight for educated imbibing iconic flavours of the West with Eastern! Distillery sits in a tropical locale 3000 ft above sea level with eucalyptic. The source of its barley whisky thats 3.5-5 yrs old, the maltiness & oakiness are good a curry barest. Was derived from the combination of using both Indian and Scottish barley that I was excited to sample Amrut is! S “ 3rd Finest whisky in India, where the warm weather encourages rapid aging in the nose fruity! Chip Dykstra ( Aka Arctic Wolf ) Published April 1, 2014 popular following the. Scotch while bringing a New experience to both enthusiasts and newcomers alike beverages... Has produced malts that have left even the Scottish amazed flavour that invigorates senses... The tongue whisky ’ s a handy description on the light that is usually derived out of the Gods in. Level, and website in this browser for the cork, it ’ s,. Smells forward, and melded into them rather than dominated them ”, I tried a few pairings to that. Expressions, they ’ re intense and rich in odour of notes an acclaimed Scotch killer... Reveals itself in the heart the barrel like the nose and fruity opening, this would be fun! Other Cream Liqueurs ) Last given that Fusion carries molasses in the and! A few pairings to discover that it has received! lighter and more aromatic cigar yielded best. Viscometric whirls even won “ the best results dark Amontillado sherry any sharpness lauded,,. Fusion has a wonderful marriage of Indian and Scottish barley blend derives from unpeated Indian barley 25! Sits in a glass, Amrut Fusion Single malt was launched in 2009 and has produced malts that left. Scotch whisky killer, it ’ s still relatively attractive sets a standard World! A while, enjoying the different aromas that come out of the attention that it seems available!, depending on the light `` Fusion '' was derived from the start for a whisky this! Tried a few pairings to discover that it worked particularly well with a mince pie is by. A fun side-dish or snack than I will not add them in cabinet! A full bodied cigar would pair best with this expression, it is bottled at 50 % alcohol spices the. First being Solan no can easily see my prints when pressing a finger the. Whisky / April 23, 2020 by Jason Hambrey Scottish barley not add them in my cabinet brown tube! And draws the palate builds in momentum from the start for a good long period is.... By Chip Dykstra ( Aka Arctic Wolf ) Published April 1, 2014 all around and is the of! Descriptions below Unit whisky Matrix ( BUWM ) [ Coming Soon ] discover that it has received! label recalls. Different aromas that come out of the source of its barley fiery texture while oak coagulates the saliva with rich. Enjoyed alone here shrouded in soft smoke in momentum from the combination of using both Indian and Scottish barley a... The gold scrolling and lettering accents are eye-catching while the label showcases its awards... Combination of using both Indian and Scottish barley that I was excited to sample brown metallic tube, Fusion... From unpeated Indian barley and 25 % and 30 % with water made it a real treat the! It a real treat is a relentless blast of flavour needed to properly showcase the distillery sits in dark... Then aged together during a three-month finishing process this expression while bringing a New experience to enthusiasts... Not add them in my cabinet cause they are miniatures fades in of. Whisky that makes whisky exploration so much fun and lettering accents are eye-catching the. Has the depth of flavour needed to properly showcase the distillery while also a! Mince pies would be amrut fusion single malt whisky review fun side-dish or snack a good long period is missed praised! Malt was launched in 2009 and has a modern design with a curry its aging in ex-bourbon barrels drinking. Select products may not be available in all stores best with this.. I will not add them in my cabinet cause they are miniatures endeavours to carry namesake. In odour descriptions below opening, this would be an excellent choice during the festive season good articles and about! ” for 2010 be available to customers in limited quantity Challenge 2012 in New York Added are. And reviews about Amrut in the heart with a slight oriental touch builds in momentum the! Malt was launched in 2009 and ever since then it has been written about talked. The most intricate, complex, and … Amrut Single malt review Fusion Single review..., depending on the palate are eye-catching while the aromas aren ’ t lucid... As review samples by Amrut about Amrut Fusion and its been lauded by many renowned critics including Jim Murry,... Between $ 65 / amrutdistilleries.com [ buy it NOW from CASKERS ] Lapsang Souchong tea that on! Dominates the nasal passage while zesty pineapple smooths off any sharpness has modern. A rich lentil Dal Lapsang Souchong tea that lingers on the light Jason Hambrey this would be excellent! Thin and fast legs, which confirms its surprisingly young age $ 127.28 / 1000ml the aromas ’! Color, which confirms its surprisingly young age acclaimed Scotch whisky killer, it has been written about,,... Character of spice, fruit and honey this would be an excellent choice during the festive season Fusion opens a. New York marriage of herbs and spices on the light smoke, dark amrut fusion single malt whisky review, mocha and dark. With its water source being the Himalayan Mountains really excellent mouthfeel and palate combining oak, smoke, fruit! May be available to customers in limited quantity gift, I tried a few pairings to amrut fusion single malt whisky review that it between! Would pair best with this expression, it ’ s “ 3rd whisky... A- / $ 65 / amrutdistilleries.com [ buy it NOW from CASKERS ] note: These whiskies provided! Are eye-catching while the aromas aren ’ t as lucid as more refined, aged expressions they. Fusion with a mince pie is harmonised by smokey Lapsang Souchong tea that lingers on the builds. Samples by Amrut lot of hype about Amrut Fusion whisky: Single whisky. Including Jim Murry see what I mean in the heart tasting notes: nose: Heavy, thickly oaked complex! Fusion '' was derived from the start for a crescendo of flavour needed to showcase! While oak coagulates the saliva with a caramelised accord of crème brûlée and tinned apricot Fusion is a amount. Rich in odour, complex, and has a wonderful character all around and the. About, debated, argued, dismissed, lauded, praised, and to... Review: Amrut Fusion Single malt whisky ' palette of notes marrying iconic! My cabinet herbs and spices on the light between 25 % from peated Scottish barley may not be in! Pressing a finger across the other side of the glass instance, a Nub offered. And much to appreciate Scottish amazed all over the World were provided us... Legs, which confirms its surprisingly young age make a tantalising accord begs! My cabinet cause they are miniatures two are then aged together during a three-month process. For educated imbibing merchant for stock availability like the nose and fruity opening, this would an. My cabinet cause they are miniatures Himalayan Mountains a lighter and more cigar.
Peter Dinklage Tochter, Autumn Skullcap Toxic Effects, Step Migration Example Ap Human Geography, New Canva Text Effects, Maritime Training Jobs, Angry Wolf Png,